Terms & Conditions
- This booking is subject to these Terms and Conditions of Hire. By paying a reservation fee (deposit) you are accepting this Agreement, you are entering into a contract with HireAWeddingDJ and are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Details of the event, including the fee, will be confirmed by HireAWeddingDJ in writing following the booking enquiry. Unless otherwise stated, the fee assumes set-up will take place immediately before HireAWeddingDJ performance is due to commence.
- A booking is only confirmed by HireAWeddingDJ once the reservation fee (deposit) has been paid and funds cleared. Until such time as this condition has been met, the booking will be treated as an enquiry only and HireAWeddingDJ reserve the right to accept an alternative booking without notification.
- Confirmation of the booking will be provided in writing upon receipt of the reservation fee (deposit). It is important that you check the details of this booking confirmation carefully and inform us immediately if there are any errors as it forms the basis of the amount charged and the service to be provided.
- It is The Clients’ legal responsibility to comply with and ensure that current Health & Safety regulations are in place. A safe electrical supply must be provided. All outside situations (Marquees/Outbuildings) must be dry, undercover and made safe for electrical use and insulated from the ground.
- A minimum clear floor space is required per DJ of 3 metres x 2 metres with a head height of 3 metres. As a working area, a solid, stable base must be provided at all times. A minimum of 2 x 13 amp power sockets must be available within 3 metres of the set up area. If other additional entertainment is booked, adequate floor space must be available.
- Should smoke machines be required, it is the client’s responsibility to obtain prior written consent from the venue management.
- A minimum of 90 minutes is required for setting up and a further 60 minutes to dismantle and load the equipment into our vehicles. This must be taken into account when planning any arrangements.
- In the unlikely event of HireAWeddingDJ being unable to perform due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness or any other medical emergency, we endeavor to arrange a suitable replacement.
- The Client realises that whilst we have excellent DJ backup in place, and every reasonable safeguard is assured, the breakdown of any electrical equipment can be an unavoidable occurrence and is often outside of our control. We will however make every reasonable effort to rectify the situation. In the extremely unlikely occurrence of a non-performance, or if a total failure occurs, The Client will be refunded in full. In this situation, this will be the full extent of our liability.
- If at any time, HireAWeddingDJ judge that the working area is unsafe or wholly unsuitable for performance, we reserve the right to cancel the performance with immediate effect. In this circumstance, The Client will be refunded monies paid minus any reservation fee (deposit). This will be the full extent of our liability.
- The Client is responsible for the conduct of all persons attending the event. We reserve the right to terminate the performance should any physical/verbal abuse, or intimidating actions be made towards any of our staff. Under these circumstances no refund will be given.
- No other persons or performers may use any of the equipment provided other than by prior consent of HireAWeddingDJ.
- If performance time is requested in excess of that agreed, this will be at the discretion of HireAWeddingDJ and subject to additional fees charged at our overtime rate. Any additional fees must be paid in cash in advance of the extra services being performed. All requests for additional playing time must be cleared with the Venue management team beforehand.
- Any delayed set up time and subsequent delayed start time due to the overrun of any prior proceeding, or of situations outside of our control will not warrant any extension of the stated finishing time or any fee reduction.During your event we may take photos or films relevant to the marketing of HireAWeddingDJ. These photos, films or indeed any written feedback may be used on our website and/or social networking sites linked to HireAWeddingDJ. Please inform us in writing if you do not consent to using the photos, films and/or written feedback in this manner.
- HireAWeddingDJ will hold this date exclusively for you from the agreement date and therefore they will continue to turn away all other work. The potential loss of work to HireAWeddingDJ is real and tangible, and so cancellation fees will be charged. The terms of this Agreement do not allow for cancellation other than by mutual consent of all parties and confirmed in writing. HireAWeddingDJ will charge the following fees should a cancellation occur:
Within 14 days of the event: The full agreed fee. Within 28 days of the event: 50% of the full agreed fee.
The reservation fee (deposit) payment will only be returned if notice of cancellation is received two calendar months (or more) before the event date.
Cancellations of any type are accepted only in writing. Once we have received your notice of cancellation, we will confirm this to you in writing. If not already paid, the balance of the total fee (less any reservation fee and other payments made) must be received as cleared funds by HireAWeddingDJ prior to commencement of the event.
Should the date be cancelled due to pandemic, the same terms apply but instead of of NO refund with 14 days, 50% of the full fee is returned upon receipt of 'proof of cancellation' given by the venue. The client reserves the right to arrange an alternative date which suits both parties.